Apple pies are the classic American dessert. It has the flaky crust and the yummy flavors of pie with the aromatic cinnamon punch. this pie is healthy as well as most loved by everyone. Children go mad for it as it has the yummy flavors of apples and compliments best with the vanilla ice-creams.
Classic homemade apple pie
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Food Processor
- 9 inches pie pan
- Rolling Pin
- pastry cutter
- Measuring cups
- 8 Medium Size Apples
- 50 grams Sugar Brown
- 50 grams Sugar White
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ½ + ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 350 grams Flour Plain
- 226+ 2 grams+tbsps Butter Unsalted
- 6-8 tbsps Water Cold
- 2 tbsps Cornstarch
- Take 8 medium-size apples, Clean and wash thoroughly and peel the skin off. Remove the core part of the apples and diced them.
- Add 50 grams of brown sugar and 50 grams of white sugar on the peeled diced apples.
- Spread 1 tsp. cinnamon powder and ½ tsp. salt and 1 tbsp. lemon juice on the apples and mix them gently that covers all apples.
- Place them aside and rest them for 1 hour.
- For the pie crust, take 350 grams of sifted plain flour in a food processor.
- Add 226 grams of unsalted cold butter chunks in the flour and pulse the processor for few times to incorporate butter well in the flour.
- Add 6-8 tbsps cold water in the flour-butter mix and pulse the processor for a few times to get time crumbled flour.
- Transfer the crumbled mix on the clean tabletop and pat gently into a round ball.
- Divide the dough into two parts and wrap in the cling film separately and refrigerate it for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- After an hour the juice of apples comes down. Gently strain the juice in a cooking pan. Add 2 tbsps. of unsalted butter and simmer over low medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until it is thickened or caramelised. Set the caramel aside.
- Add 2 tbsps cornstarch to the spiced apples and mix well until incorporated.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and flatten the dough in a round shape in 1/8 inch thickness.
- Transfer the dough carefully in 9 inches pie pan and settle it gently. Poke the base with the fork.
- Repeat the rolling process for the rest of the dough and divide it into a ½ inches strips.
- Spread the caramelised apple sauce evenly all over the apples.
- Place the strip gently in to and forth style to create a beautiful net over the pie.
- Seal the sides of the pie with the excess dough.
- Bake the Apple pie for 50-60 minutes at 200°C (390°F).
- When the crust is golden brown remove it from oven and cool for a while.