How can you forget the importance of a pecan pie at the table on holidays? Yes, the dinner table is empty without the classic pecan pie. The pecan pies are baked traditionally for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other festivals. The pecan pie has the classic nutty flavor of pecans and the sweetness of sugar. The crisp of pie shell and the gooey and nutty texture of filling—it’s like heaven on the table.
This classic pecan pie is a perfect recipe to make and very handy. It is simple and easy that you can bake a pie like a professional chef and this pie will surely become your family’s favorite pie recipe. You can share this pie with your friends family and loved ones as a gift also instead of sending cakes you can bake this yummy pie for them and everyone loved it.
Classic pecan pie
- Parchment paper
- baking pan
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring cups
- Mixing Bowls
- 2 cups Pecan halves
- ½ cup Butter unsalted
- 1 cup Sugar light brown
- ½ cup Sugar white
- ½ cup Corn syrup light
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Whisky bourbon
- 2 tbsps Milk
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 3 large Eggs
Step 1: Bake the Pie Crust:
Step 2: Pecan Pie Stuffing/ Filling:
- Toast the pecans for 7-8 minutes in the hot oven along with the pie crust but obviously in another baking tray.
- In a cooking pan, take a whole stick of butter along with white sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup.
- Add flour to the cooking pan along with the milk.
- Add salt and Vanilla extract to the sugars for enhancing and neutralising the taste.
- Add 1 tbsp of Whisky bourbon in the sugars.
- On medium heat, put the cooking pot, mix and let all the ingredients boil.
- Whisk the filling gently to avoid lumps and well for the incorporated filling.
- When the filling comes to a full boil, remove it from the heat and cool it for about 10 minutes.
- Crack 3 large eggs in a bowl and whisk them well.
- Slowly drizzle the cool sugar syrup and whisk continuously.
Step 3: Final Pie assembling:
- Preheat the Oven at 350°F.
- Spread the toasted pecans to pre-baked pie shell.
- Gently shake and tap to evenly adjust filling on the pie shell.
- Bake the pecan pie for 40-45 minutes of 350°F.
- Once the pie is bake completely and has golden brown cooler remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- Cool the pie completely before slicing.