Let’s explore the combination of taste in one pot
Chicken fried rice is the comfort dish of Chinese food. It’s been around for a long time and is additionally common in East, Southeast, and South Asian cuisines. The dish began as a way to utilise remaining fried rice that has dried out a few and may not be incredible on its own but is still superbly eatable.
The expansion of oil and soy sauce and veggies and meat spruce up the rice for a scrumptious supper. A traditional Chinese fried rice would be made in a wok over high heat, but we’ve made our own on a medium-high stove since they are more common in home kitchens. This take on the favourite is simple to create and makes the ideal lunch or supper. Don’t need a chicken? Make it with shrimp or go veggie lover and make it with pineapple!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 large Chicken thighs (boneless skinless)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive oil (extra light)
- 5 cups Rice (cooked)
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce (or as per your taste)
- 1 ½ tsp Sesame oil
- 12 oz Peas and carrot (thawed frozen)
- ¼ cup Green onion (chopped)
- Crack 4 large eggs into the bowl and thoroughly beat them together with a fork and keep it aside.
- Finely chop ¼ cup of green onion
- Add seasonings into the bowl of chicken-like ½ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of black pepper.
- Now fire up the stove on medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of extra light olive oil to it
- Add the seasoned chicken and cook for about 4-5 minutes
- Stir the chicken occasionally or until it gets done
- Take out the chicken into a separate bowl and keep it aside for later use
- Now reduce the flame to medium heat and add 1 tbsp of extra light olive oil if needed
- Now add 4 large beaten eggs into the pan and scramble them immediately for 1-2 minutes
- Take out the scrambled eggs into the same bowl of chicken
- Now clean the pan and again add 1 tbsp of extra light olive oil and add 5 cups of cooled and cooked rice into the pan
- Spread the rice evenly in the pan and let it sit for 4-5 minutes without stirring
- Now drizzle 2 tbsp of soya sauce and 1 ½ tsp of sesame oil on cooked rice
- Now add 12 oz of thawed frozen peas and carrots and stir them until they mix up
- Now add cooked chicken and scrambled eggs into the rice mixture and stir them evenly
- Add ¼ cup of finely chopped green onions
- Continue stirring and cooking until everything gets mixed and heats up
- You can also add more soya sauce and sesame oil as per your taste and enjoy this scrumptious dish as your lunch